We want you to be 100% happy with your solar installer. Our BSPQ solar installer certification looks at a range of factors to help decide what rank to give a solar business.
Solar Installer Certification – It works like this…
We analyse what we reckon are important parts of the business and give them a score for each. Then we add up the scores and offer a badge (or not) to describe what our certification process has come up with.
Our solar installer certification is based on:
- The size of the business
- How long the business has been in operation
- Solar panel installation history
- The reputation of the solar business in a number of circles
BSPQ Solar Installer Certification Badges
At the moment, we offer just 3 badges to solar installers:
- Bronze Badge (Total score of 40 or more)
- Silver Badge (Total score of 65 or more)
- Gold Badge (Total score of 80 or more)
Here they are:
Bronze Rated Solar Installer Certification
A bronze rated solar installer has typically:
- Been in business for at least 2 years
- A small group of employees
- Done at least 200 solar panel installations
- A reputation of at least 6/10 by independent parties & customers
Overall, a bronze installer is a solar installer which has respect. They have been in business for a while and have a decent reputation.
Silver Rated Solar Installer Certification
A silver rated solar installer has typically:
- Been in business for at least 3 years
- A medium group of employees
- Done around 1,000 solar panel installations
- Completed at least 1 large-scale job (more than 100kW)
- A reputation of at least 7.5/10 by independent parties & customers
The silver badge shows that an installer is very well-versed in the solar industry. They have been around a while and have a breadth of experience doing solar power installs.
Gold Rated Solar Installer Certification
A gold rated solar installer has typically:
- Been in business for more than 4 years
- A large group of employees
- Done around 2,000+ solar panel installations
- Completed at least 1 large-scale job (more than 300kW)
- A reputation of at least 8/10 by independent parties & customers
A gold rated installer has earned their stripes well and truly. These guys are solar power veterans and have an excellent reputation. You’re likely to be a happy customer going with these installers.
Another Word To Take In…
The above listings are just examples. Our rating does not follow exact rules as above but is taken on an average based on a variety of factors. In other words, an installer might be gold rated if they get top marks in all areas except 1 and bottom marks in 1 factor. But, it’s more likely that an installer that ranks highly in a few sections will rank highly in all of them.
Get Your Certification Badge From BSPQ
Interested in getting solar installer certification for your business? Fill out the installer certification request form below:
We will assess your details and get in touch if necessary. You will be sent a piece of code and logo which you can use on your marketing collateral to add credibility to your solar business.